We have been busy over the last two weeks, and will continue to be over the next seven! Our winter maintenance period is off to a flying start with the majority of our winter improvement plan to-do list already underway or complete!
- New & Improved Base 7 Activity Site/Campground - We are constructing a new campsite alongside our very popular Base 7 Camouflage Activity. The campsite is a ‘deluxe’ version to one of our typical sites and will feature a raised shelter with permanent roof and a fireplace in the centre. We are currently working on meal ideas for this site – think kebabs, spit roasts, and griddle cakes. The Base 7 activity is also being refurbished with new ‘hides’ and objectives.
- Tree Health Checks - Our arborists Steve and Zach have been inspecting certain trees around the property, and removing a couple of sick trees from high traffic areas.
- Gear Checks & Resupply – we have checked all of our gear to ensure it is clean and serviceable for the upcoming Semester. From tents to tongs and from paddles to pizzas pans we have checked, counted, replaced, and cleaned.
- Updates to Our Safety Management Plan, Staff Operations Manual & Other Important Documents – We are reading through, updating and amending these valuable resources.
- The Vehicle Fleet Scrub-Down – All vehicles will get a good clean and scrub and thorough check of all parts – from tyres to tail-lights.
- New Group Leader Training Programme – we have a comprehensive training and familiarisation programme for our newly-arriving Group Leaders. As well as a Remote Area first aid course for those that need to refresh their First Aid and/or CPR certificates and Induction day for all our staff prior to the new season.
Written by Genevieve Colagiuri - Schools Liaison